ABC News: About 99% of the time, doing STUPID THINGS increases your chances of dying. But there's always that 1% chance some dumb joke with your friends will SAVE YOUR LIFE. That's exactly what happened here.
A few days ago, a man was joking around and took a pregnancy test his ex-girlfriend had left in his bathroom. (--His name, age, and location weren't released.)
And when he peed on the test, it turned out POSITIVE. He thought that was hilarious, so a friend of his posted a picture of the test on the website Reddit.com.
And it's a good thing he did. Because one user who saw the photo knew that a positive pregnancy test for a man could be a sign of TESTICULAR CANCER. And he told the guy to go to an oncologist and get checked immediately.
It's because pregnancy tests look for a hormone in the blood that's produced by placenta developing in a woman. But that same exact hormone is produced by developing testicular cancer.
So the guy got himself tested, and he DID have cancer. But thanks to the pregnancy test and the Internet, the cancer was detected early enough that the guy has a 99% chance of survival.